Hall Construction Services Limited are experienced Wind Farm contractors having completed several projects within the UK undertaking the Balance of Plant works fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor for the turbine erection works. As part of the Balance of Plant works all design works are undertaken for the civil works including any associated offsite highway works necessary to permit the delivery of turbines to site. The projects involve the building of the on site infrastructure works which have also included the construction of substantial bridge and culvert works to facilitate the installation of wind turbine generators, as well as the construction of WTG foundations, associated control buildings, meteorological mast installation and crane/ piling hard standings. Where ground conditions permit Hall Construction Services Limited have produced the aggregate required for constructing the permanent site infrastructure through the excavation and processing of materials won from on site borrow pits. The company has successfully completed the construction of Wind Farms in Sites of Special Scientific Interest where works have had to be carried out in a sensitive manner to avoid conflict with the existing environmental conditions.
Our capability includes the following range of activities:
- Piled and Ring beam turbine foundation bases
- New Access Tracks
- Control buildings including underground pits
- Drainage modifications and control of groundwater
- Excavating and processing material sourced from borrow pits
- Alterations to offsite modifications in preparation for delivery of the wind turbines.
Recent projects include:
- Hook Moor Wind Farm, Leeds, Banks Group, Value £2.2m.
- Armistead Wind Farm, Kendal, Banks Group, Value £2.8m
- South Sharpley Wind Farm, County Durham, REG Windpower Ltd, Value £800,000